Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 5- Visit to Adriana's foster family







The final excitement for the day was when we went to visit Adriana's foster family. Her foster mother met us on the street and showed us where her apartment was. She was so excited to see Adriana! They wanted to know if she remembered them and I think were quite disappointed that she didn't. Her foster father was even more excited to see her than her foster mother I think. As soon as we got to the apartment he wanted to grab her but he realized she wasn't ready yet. They showed us where she slept and how he had written her name on the slates of the bed. Adriana warmed up to them quickly. She was really impressed by the marks she had left on the couch with her walker and had a huge smile when her foster father showed her. Then they gave her a ball that she had picked out at the market and used to play with when she was a baby. When our visit was drawing to a close they asked if we could go down to the yard and visit with neighbors as they all wanted to see Adriana again. When we came down the stairs there must have been about 30 people in the yard waiting to see her. They swarmed around her and at first gave her a bit of a scare. They were all asking if she remembered them and said how she had grown up to be a beautiful little girl. I forgot to mention that as we were leaving the apartment they gave Adriana a huge bag of fruit! They remembered how she loved to eat and tried to give her enough fruit to last all of us over a week! The bowl of fruit in the picture was what they wanted to give Adriana. They stuffed her pockets full of oranges as we were walking out the door. It was a wonderful visit with wonderful people. They had so many memories to share about Adriana.

2 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Oh wow that must be so exciting for Adrianna. I am sure she will always remember this time! Sounds like she is getting good and spoiled! :) Sounds like you are having an awesome trip! Yes, things are as busy at work as always. I am over half way on my paper so it looks like I should be able to work on those lovely PPP's tomorrow. I have 3 new ones, but they will be incomplete because the testing isn't done but they want those ones now. Anyway, enough about work! Geez I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet! Have a great day and keep posting. I really enjoy it!!

Rosalyn

Michele said...

That one almost made me cry! How wonderful to know that so many people loved and cared for her. I now have high speed at home, so I can really keep up. Can't wait to see you all. I have gifts for the girls and can't wait to see Adrianna's face when she sees them. Take care.