Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 6- Sleeping with Adriana

While I have time I thought you might like to know what it is like to sleep with Adriana. The first part of the night is great as she is out like a light and very little can wake her up. Once she wakes up though that is another story. She is refreshed and ready to roll. This would be good except for the fact that it is the middle of the night and you know if she doesn't sleep more she will be a grump. So you ask her to go back to sleep. The trooper that she is she really tries but can't quiet do it. She lies in bed and goes through her repertoire which goes like this: her rendition of Oh Canada, the ABC's, counting to 100 which usually has a repetition of the 40's several times, then her clucking noise, practicing of snapping her fingers and finally she tickles my hand to see if I am awake or not. I try not to respond in any way to this because I know as soon as she sees that I am awake she will want me to get up and get her something to eat! She is getting better everyday as today she slept until 5:00 am instead of 3:00 am and was able last until breakfast after only eating a banana. Hopefully, tonight she will sleep through the night as I am sure Lileah will not be!

No comments: