Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Day 16 Shopping in Beijing!
Today after we went to the Temple of Heaven we went shopping. First we went to the Pearl Market and then to a regular market. Boy did I have fun. Lily said to bargain and offer then 1/5 of the price and then go to 1/3. So I followed her advice and got way more than I was counting on as I didn't really want to get anything and kept telling them no thanks when they didn't go down in price. A couple of times I ended up getting the item for 1/5 of the price just because I walked away then they would yell, "Okay, Lady, your price!" Even at 1/5 of the price I am sure that I over paid for some of the things. It was a lot of fun though as the Chinese people seem to really enjoy bargaining. I was just getting into things when I realized I was late in getting back to the bus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment